Hahah, look at you. Still obsessed with cartoons
Anime, or Japanese animation, is quite posibly one of the biggest things to ever hit America in terms of great forums of entertainment. The industry in America is BOOMING in terms of mid-grade flicks you can find in theaters. 1 in 40 films you can find in theatres; you will find anime.
A good example of an anime you might have seen would be "Princess Monoke", or "Howl's moving castle"
All of Hayao's films are grade-A masterpieces and good for the whole family. Even if you are not a big fan of anime. It's still some great films to watch. Hell, even Disney picked up on producing some of his films and they gained success in publishing them.
But then there are some that are meant for others. Action, Romance, comedy, thriller, and even pornography. If you have a favorite genre in films you like. Then you may be able to find a good show in anime.
For me, it was about 80% Action, 10% romance, and 10% comedy. Yeah yeah, a guy like me liking romance anime? How quaint. But seriously, most of the romance I have seen in anime was not all "School girl falls in love with best in class guy", there have been many great plots in the shows I have seen that go a hell of a lot deeper. As for comedy...
...I think I am one of the only people in my city who really appreciates the humor in Magical Shopping Arcade. Not only does this show make fun of itself, but it also makes fun of other anime, and other shows the creators have made in the past. It even has a little bit of "Adult" humor in terms of breasts, having a girl getting her panties stolen, and etc. I could go on and on about this kind of humor.
So let's go away from the comedy a bit and look into some action...no, not that kinda action you pervert!
One of the many things you need to know about Anime is that in most cases. You will need to read subtitles. Hope this does not bother anyone.
But One Piece is one of my all time favorite anime. Showcasing over 455+ episodes. It's one of the biggest anime to ever hit television to date. Even surpassing Dragonball Z, Naruto, and even Bleach. It also has over 10 movies all in which bend the story, improved on animation, and all around two full hours of non-stop action. One Piece to me was my DBZ and Pokemon years ago.
So, this is just a headline of anime, why I like it, and a brief description of some anime I like. Which is why this is just Part 1. In future updates, I'll review and even get into the history on certain shows I am watching.
Thanks for reading as always!
No comments:
Post a Comment